Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Week of September 24-30: Question 1

I think that overall, I am pretty strong when it comes to reasoning. The part of reasoning that I think I am strongest in, however, is imagination as it is stated on page 38. My major is Design Studies with an emphasis in Graphic Design, and I think that my imagination is what has made me successful in it. I don't plan on pursuing a career in the design field, and instead I am looking into applying for a graduate program in Student Affairs/Higher Education Administration in hopes of working at a four year institution. Like I have seen by observing my mentors, working in higher ed requires a lot of imagination. You are constantly having to plan new programs and events that students would want to participate in. You want to make sure that they are not repetitive or overused because that makes students not want to show up. You also have to look at new ways of keeping students engaged beyond programs. You have to be able to think outside of the box and create things that are going to make your university stand out from the rest.

-CesarCOMM41

2 comments:

  1. Imagination is something really good to be strong in! For me personally, I love using my imagination also but I always have difficulties of thinking of new ideas or things. Like you said you have to be able to think outside of the box and be able to create things that are going to make your university stand out from all other universities is important. The only thing for me is that it takes me forever to think of a new original idea that is unique from the rest. When trying to use my imagination sometimes I come up with generic things and am like oh that’s already been established and keep thinking and it’s a little hard for me. But other than that I love using my imagination, even though that is definitely not one of my strongest strengths.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Cezar!!!
    As one of your dear friends I know what you mean when you say you have a good imagination. I have seen your work within our rush t-shirts and I see where you can go with such a good imagination. The ability to put together ideas from nothing just amazes me, and I have seen you do these acts and I know you will be successful with whatever job you chose! I for one have a terrible imagination and most of the time when I think of something it is just something that I have seen in the long ago past. Keep up the good work!
    -Mike Ross

    ReplyDelete