Thursday, October 18, 2012

Week of October 15-21: Question 1



I do believe that knowledge and wisdom are two very different things. I think that while knowledge is basically having information about a certain subject in your brain, wisdom is how you apply that knowledge into your experiences and use it to solve problems. You can have all the knowledge in the world in regards to algebra, but unless you know how to apply it to real world situations, that information is kind of useless. I think while knowledge is important and necessary in order to have wisdom, you have to have both in order to be a better functioning member of society. At college, I feel like I am acquiring both. I get knowledge when it comes to the content of my courses. I read and I learn from other people’s experiences. I think that wisdom comes from how I apply that knowledge to my every day life at work and in working with classmates. I think that being in the information age, it has become easier to be more knowledgeable than wise. We have all this access to information, but because we are so indulged in it, we have no avenue to put it into practice. We are so glued to knowing more that we don’t practice our wisdom.

-CesarCOMM41

1 comment:

  1. I agree that knowledge and wisdom are two different things. Knowledge is something you learn from school for example, but knowing something does not exactly make you wiser. I agree that being wise, you have to be able to apply what it is you learned in the past and how you reflect back on previous experiences also plays a role. College does give you both knowledge and wisdom, but in different areas as you said, knowledge from the courses and wisdom from your experiences with other in your class and at work. I also believe that wisdom can be taught by the older generations since they did experience more things, they have a better insight in what the best option would be for a certain situation. in order to gain wisdom it takes time and experience.

    ReplyDelete