Sunday, November 11, 2012

Chapter 11 Question 3


A topic that I really enjoyed learning about was social media/networking and how it works/affects our world. I understand that it hasn’t been around for too long, but I cant imagine my world without it. Ever since I was in middle school, we all had Xanga blogs and stayed connected to people through there. Today we have things like Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and many other forms of staying connected. I have noticed that this has gone super mainstream, and is used by major companies, corporations and even smaller businesses to sell their product and get connected with their customers. I think that while it is a really cool thing to find people that you haven’t seen for ages, I think that it makes us all a little disconnected from what is actually happening in our present world. I think that we could do a much better job at living peaceful and successful lives if we just stayed away a little bit from all of the artificial lives that happen on the internet.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Cezar,
    I also though learning about the social media/ networking and how it affects our world was also very interesting! Since this subject directly affects our generation with the idea of iPhones and all those gadgets that keep us connected to the social media. I for one have kept myself away from such thing such as twitter and instagram but fell to the Facebook idea years ago. I am not the biggest fan of these cites since I think they promote portraying yourself in a different way then you actually are. They make you post things that you probably would not have said or done in public if there was no means for showing off.
    -Mike Ross

    ReplyDelete