Saturday, November 17, 2012

Week of 11/12 Question 2


One time that I drew an incorrect conclusion based on an observation alone was at my job a couple of weeks ago. There was a person who was walking towards the desk that I work reception at. He seemed really angry and was walking rather fast. I have had my fair share of angry customers, so I was preparing for whatever was going to happen. It really surprised me when he was one of the nicest people I had ever helped. He was polite and kind and was really understanding about the answers that I was giving him. I drew the conclusion that he was going to be difficult to deal with based on his facial expressions, but I ended up being wrong. I think that because I don’t really encounter people who “look” angry being nice, I ended up assuming he wasn’t going to be any different. 

No comments:

Post a Comment