Sunday, November 4, 2012

Week of 10/24: Question 1


This week, I have encountered quite a few marketing strategies that have come up. Having only two days before the elections, there is a lot of marketing out there for different propositions and candidates running for different governmental positions. I am an avid user of Youtube and go on there to distract myself. I like to watch different channels for different reasons. Some offer humor, some are simply video diaries of different, very interesting people. Before a lot of the videos I’ve watched this week, there have been 15-30 second commercials that pop up. Most of them have been advertisements pro-Mitt Romney. Being that he is a more conservative candidate, the way in which he is portrayed says otherwise. I think that somehow Youtube collects data as to what kind of videos I watch, and therefore categorizes me. Then, they put advertisements before the videos that fit the type of person they are trying to persuade. I think that this method is rather ineffective because it simply is annoying. They are not swaying me in any which way.

-CesarCOMM41

1 comment: